About L'Heure Bleue At Home

Shop Photo Gallery

Offers and Discount Codes

Monday 14 December 2020

Blogmas Day 14 Bingeworthy Netflix Shows The Queen's Gambit and The Crown

 Welcome to Blogmas Day 14!  I wrote about holiday movies worth rewatching here on Blogmas Day Eight.  But there have been some new offerings on Netflix that had me settling in with my favourite snacks.  The whole world has been buzzing over The Queen's Gambit.

via imDb.com

I am completely clueless when it comes to chess but it just goes to show how gripping this series was and is in that it can captivate the imaginations of viewers who know nothing about chess.  Maybe it was the fact that I was bullied while in school and sought solace in books but I was able to identify with the main character, Beth Harmon, and her deep loneliness.  The series is only 7 episodes and I readily admit that I blew through it in an evening but I just had to keep watching if only to watch Beth Harmon kick ass on the chessboard whilst rocking 60's glam.
Season 4 of The Crown is available on Netflix now. This season introduces Princess Diana to the storyline.  Somehow the writers have managed to flesh out a story that everyone already knows and make it believable and engrossing.

via wikipedia.org

As much as the relationship and doomed marriage of Prince Charles and Princess Diana takes center stage in Season 4, the underrated turn of Gillian Anderson as Margaret Thatcher was what really blew me away.  Yes, Gillian Anderson, somehow, with bouffant hair and stiff British accent, brought the Iron Lady to life.  I wonder what Maggie Thatcher would think of what's going on in the world now?

Subscribe and share with your friends.

  


No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...