About L'Heure Bleue At Home

Shop Photo Gallery

Offers and Discount Codes

Monday 7 December 2020

Blogmas Day Seven Christmas Trees

 Welcome to Blogmas Day Seven!  I put out a couple more of my tabletop Christmas trees.


This one went on top of the piano.  As I was arranging it and plugging it in, I noticed the streaks on the mirror above.  The world has gone through tanker ships full of disinfectant cleaners this year and I am no exception.  The problem is that those Lysol and Clorox sprays leave a multitude of streaks.  Have you noticed this?  I have found Clorox to leave the most residue behind.  For the life of me, I just can't get a streak free shine.  I have found that vinegar and water works pretty well.  It isn't one hundred percent streak free but definitely better than  Clorox.  I have tried cloths and paper towels, to no avail.  The coat closet has mirrored doors.  Because those doors are near the entrance, they get coated in dust very quickly.  I have just about given up on them.  If you have any suggestions, please let me know.
Moving on to a less aggravating subject, I haven't put up a large Christmas tree this year.  There is no way I would be able to manage it on my own.  The last time one went up here, it all ended rather painfully.  By the time, it was removed, it was dry as the Sahara Desert.  It was placed in an extra large garbage bag but that didn't stop it from leaving behind a minor trail of pine needles.  As we were taking it out to the dumpster, we were categorically lectured by a woman who lived in the same building for deliberately causing a mess!  I am positive she expected us to get on our knees forthwith and sweep up stray needles with our hands whilst begging her forgiveness.  I decided I wasn't ever going to have another tree.  Since when did Christmas trees cause so much offence?  My tabletop trees give me great joy and I can arrange them in the privacy and comfort of my home without my neighbours having an apoplectic fit.  I do notice Christmas trees in the lobbies of buildings and in storefronts on my walkies so I don't feel like I am missing out at all.


I would love to see YOUR Christmas trees!  Please share photos of your Christmas trees.

Subscribe and share with your friends.







No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...