About L'Heure Bleue At Home

Shop Photo Gallery

Offers and Discount Codes

Monday 21 December 2020

Blogmas Day 21 Alone At Christmas

 Welcome to Blogmas Day 21!  With the expected announcement today that the lockdown had been extended,  I wanted to talk about the dreaded prospect of being alone at Christmas.  Christmas is already a very fraught time but throw in enforced isolation and all bets are off. But it doesn't have to be that way.


Yes, I have spent Christmas alone in the past but I didn't feel lonely.  There is a big difference between alone and lonely.  I still decorated my home.  I made sure to stock my kitchen with all of my favourite foods.  I watched my favourite holiday movies which I wrote about here.  I bought myself a couple small things that I needed and wanted and put them aside for Christmas Day.  I made an effort to be kind to myself.  Basically, I prepared for it as if I was going to have guests over except I was the honored guest.  I have had terrible Christmas' in the past as well with out of control people.  There is always someone who decides to drink way too much or someone who decides to stir the pot and air grievances from the last 30 years. So I know from experience that Christmas is not so much about the people you are with but the feeling from deep within of peace and plenty.  If you have made it to the end of this extraordinary year with your health and sanity intact, then give yourself a huge pat on the back!  If you have furbabies, I don't need to tell you what a Godsend they are.  If you don't, going for a walk, admiring the trees and feeding the squirrels at the park really reconnects you with Nature and the cycle of life.  Just remember, I am here too.  Unfortunately, Blogger seems to have taken away the reply to comment functionality but send me a comment or a message via the Contact Page if you want to reach out.


No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...