About L'Heure Bleue At Home

Shop Photo Gallery

Offers and Discount Codes

Tuesday 1 December 2020

Blogmas Day One Christmas Decorating Tips and Tricks

 Yay, it's December 1st!  I think the heavens are trying to send some Christmas cheer our way because I woke up to snowfall.  Maybe we'll have a white Christmas.  Today, I began putting up my Christmas decorations starting with a vintage electric Christmas tree in the front hallway or foyer.


I love how it looks against the midnight navy of the feature wall.
Next up, I wanted to hang this wooden star.  Command hooks are my weapon of choice when deploying Christmas decor.  The sticky removable strip means that you can hang decor pieces in places like windows or anywhere you don't or can't hammer in a nail.  Once the holiday season is over, you can remove the hook and use it elsewhere in your home.
  

These hooks come in handy when winding a garland around a staircase bannister or around a fireplace mantel. All the hooks take different weights so be sure to consider how heavy the decor piece is before hanging. I always go for the hooks that can take 3lbs. I also like the fact that the hook has a metal part that makes it look a bit nicer on the wall.


I hung the star up on the side of an armoire that faces my bedroom door.  In this way, it is the first thing I see when I enter my bedroom.  When considering where I am going to place decor, I always think of where my eyes naturally come to rest when entering a room.  Having something lovely in my line of sight provides a subtle visual cue and provides the Christmas cheer that we all need at this time of year.
Have you started your holiday decorating yet?



No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...