About L'Heure Bleue At Home

Shop Photo Gallery

Offers and Discount Codes

Wednesday 16 December 2020

Blogmas Day 16 Handmade DIY Christmas Gifts Hair Clips Brooches Pendants With Beads and Buttons How To

 Welcome to Blogmas Day 16!  I have always loved unusual buttons as I felt that they had the underrated power to really elevate an outfit.  Over the years, I have amassed a small collection of vintage buttons as well as a handful of beautiful glass beads.  I really wanted to pull them out of the depths of a dresser drawer and do something creative with them.  Here is a DIY craft that doesn't require any level of specialized skill.


You will need beads and or buttons, pin backs, fine guage wire and hair clips.  You may also want transparent fishing line, pliers and a hot glue gun. The pin backs have holes for you to thread wire or fishing line.  The hair clip had a hole at either end as well.  I used both without issue.  Because the fishing line is transparent, you may prefer using that.  You may also wish to use hot glue for greater adhesion.  I found that I didn't need a large needle to work with the wire or fishing line as both were substantial enough for me to handle them with ease.  Use the pliers to snip off the wire once you have finished threading the beads and/or buttons and secured them together to pin back or hair clip. 


This is where you can really get creative.  Select the beads and buttons you want to work with and string them together with either wire or fishing line.  I made a long dangly pendant and attached a lobster claw clasp at one end so that it can clip easily to a chain.  I used a vintage button with a flat back at the end of the pendant so that I didn't have to make an ugly knot. I also strung together gorgeous handmade glass beads on a hairclip and attached a rectangular midnight blue glass bead to a pin back to form a one-of-a-kind brooch.  Buttons with a little loop at the back are easy to string together and attach to a hairclip as well.   Each bead is handmade and is like a tiny work of art in itself.  Placed in a pretty gift box or little jewelry bag, they make gorgeous, unique gifts.

Subscribe and share with a friend.



No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...