About L'Heure Bleue At Home

Shop Photo Gallery

Offers and Discount Codes

Saturday 5 December 2020

Blogmas Day Five Wool and the Gang Knitting Kits

 Welcome to Blogmas Day Five! Now that we are spending so much time at home, I am sure that many of us have taken up new crafts, skills and hobbies or else renewed our interest in crafts and hobbies that fell by the wayside in our busy lives.  I taught myself to knit out of a book years ago but then I never kept it up.  Then, by chance I came across this knitting kit in the Summer.


The kit is by Wool and the Gang and contains everything you need to knit, in this case, a pom pom hat.  The wool is a ball of delicious chunky Peruvian wool.  You even get a needle to sew up the hat. What I love about this kit is that the instruction booklet contains instructions for 4 skill levels: beginner, easy, intermediate and advanced.  There are even video tutorials available.  The kits are available with different coloured balls of wool.  I chose a fashionable tweedy gray.  Just that luscious ball of soft wool is well worth the cost.  I have also seen crochet kits for summer hats and bags and knitting kits for chunky scarves.


This would make a wonderful handmade gift or you could even give the kit as a gift as well.  Maybe it is the teacher in me but I love giving educational gifts rather than a toy that gets played with for 10 minutes and then gets abandoned.  
I am so excited to try this.  There is something so wonderfully calming and meditative about the steady click click of the needles.  And then at the end, you have something handmade that you can use in everyday life.  What crafts or hobbies have you taken up lately? 

Please subscribe if you haven't done so already and share with your friends!




No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...