About L'Heure Bleue At Home

Shop Photo Gallery

Offers and Discount Codes

Wednesday 2 December 2020

Blogmas Day Two Christmas Cards and Polaroid Camera

 Welcome to Blogmas Day Two!  Today, I decided to start on my Christmas cards.  Over the years, my list of Christmas card recipients has dwindled to just a select few.  It's just so much easier to send an e-card.  Plus I think that sending out cards has generally fallen out of favour.  This year, though, I think we all need that extra bit of personalized connection.  




My card of choice this year is by Peter Pauper Press.  I just love their designs as they always have an adorable woodland scene in their offerings.  Canada Post does not have service to a number of different countries due to the pandemic.  So you might be wise to check the list of countries where service has been suspended before you mail off your cards and parcels.
I also decided to pull out my Polaroid camera and add in a fun, festive themed snapshot.  Of course, my camera is in the requisite festive colour of red.


I whizzed through Nordstrom's before lockdown.  They usually have a pop-up Christmas gift shop stocked with interesting and unusual gift ideas.  This year's pop-up shop was a bit slimmed down compared to yesteryear's but I did notice that they brought back Polaroid cameras and packs of instant film.  In the past, they have stocked vintage, reconditioned Polaroid cameras and film by the Impossible Project.  This year, I noticed that the Polaroid cameras looked like they were new and the film was Polaroid branded.  So it looks like Polaroid has decided to reissue their instant cameras.  Woohoo!  This is such a fun creative gift for anyone of any age, really.  It doesn't matter if the quality is a bit dodgy as the fun is seeing the film pop out and then develop.  Of course, if you have a colour printer, you could always print off copies of family holiday snaps to pop into the card.
What have you been doing to get into the Christmas spirit?

If you are a small business owner and would like me to do a shout - out, please contact me.  I know that small businesses are really suffering this season and need all the support that they can get.



No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...