About L'Heure Bleue At Home

Shop Photo Gallery

Offers and Discount Codes

Thursday 30 August 2012

A Little Light

Have you noticed that the addition of just one thing in your home can set off a domino effect of change?  With the addition of a new dresser, this meant some rearranging of furniture.  A dresser that had formally been in the bedroom was moved out in a hallway.  This hallway is a challenging space as it has no windows so there is no source of natural light.  Any sort of decor attempt tends to get lost in the gloom.  Whatever is placed there needs to be able to shine in the dark.  As well, I do prefer a sense of uncluttered calm.   I have to say that the blank canvas that was the dresser top was a little unnerving.  So much space!  So much choice!  What to do?  Luckily I had recently thrifted four Festivo candle holders which had been on my wish list for a while. So on one corner, they went.


To thrift four of these candleholders at once was a wonderful experience.  It was the first time I had ever held one in my hands.  They are wonderfully heavy and the textured surface gives the glass a surprisingly tactile feel.  Even though I loved the simplicity of the grouping of twinkly glass candleholders and the subtle way they echoed the crystal knobs of the dresser, I thought that it all looked a little too spartan.  Then this weekend, I thrifted a little white ceramic lamp.


It was the second day of a sale so I was able to pick it up for a few dollars.  I adore the lamp's curvilinear lines.  For some reason, I have been obsessed with vintage lamps and white ceramic lamps in particular lately.


It is always evening in that hallway and, when turned on, this little fellow gives the space a sense of intimacy.


 It came with a ruched pale blue shade which is in good condition.  I'm not too sure about the ruching as it seems a little too frou-frou for me.  Please advise.  Would you keep the shade or change it out?  And if you were to change it out, what colour would you pick? A minty green to echo the watercolour paintings or a bright teal blue to make it "pop"?  Any advice would be appreciated!

I'm linking up with Thrifty Groove, My 1929 Charmer, Cap Creations, Southern Hospitality, Coastal Charm, Hey Whats For Dinner Mom, My Romantic Home, The Charm of Home, Apron Thrift Girl.

7 comments:

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

This is such a sweet little lamp but it puts out a lot of light. I think it's nice to have lamps here and there in a home to make it easy to walk around in the evenings...and inviting! You got terrific buys!

farmhouse-story said...

such great thrifting! love the sweet grouping, and maybe a different style of shade, since, you don't care for the ruching?:)

Tammy @ A Walk in the Countryside said...

Your little lamp puts out a lot of light! Thanks for sharing!

Jennifer @ Town and Country Living said...

I like the blue shade. It adds a pop of color.

Eclectically Vintage said...

A nice drum shade would be cute with the shape of the lamp but I do love the color! Great scores!
Kelly

Diann said...

Wonderful thrifty finds in the candle holders and the lamp. I love little lamps tucked here and there. Thank you for joining TTF and have a great day!

One bolt short of a toolbox said...

Love the lamp!

Jan @Door251.com

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...