About L'Heure Bleue At Home

Shop Photo Gallery

Offers and Discount Codes

Wednesday 16 March 2016

What I Am Wearing

Hello All!  I admit that I am a bit of a nosy parker and really love "What Is In My Handbag" and "What I Am Wearing Now" posts.  I can have a virtual rummage through someone's handbag and ogle their closets.  So today I thought I would do a "What I Am Wearing" post.  Winter came late this year and so I am still wearing a winter coat and boots when I go out.


The red tote bag was a Christmas gift.  It is vegan leather so I am curious to see how it will hold up over time.  I love how leather ages over time and just looks better and better but I am definitely open to trying vegan leather.  Of course, I remember when vegan leather was simply known as "vinyl" (!!).
Do you get bored with wearing the same winter outfit over and over again?  I have really embraced having a capsule wardrobe but when faced with the winter glooms, wearing the same winter coat for months on end does tend to add to the general seasonal dreariness.  One way I get around this is to switch out my accessories on a regular basis.


I have a small collection of vintage brooches, all thrifted, which I love and I will pin one to my coat just to add a bit of fun.  I love the penguin as he is such a cute little guy and reminds me of "March of the Penguins" (which I have never been able to watch all the way through because I get too caught up in the fate of the penguin chicks).  Do you have a favourite?


I do hope Spring will finally show itself.  Then I will switch out my wool scarves to a silk scarf.  I have a small collection of vintage scarves too which I love.  Scarves are a great way to change up an outfit.  Because almost all of my accessories were thrifted and/or vintage, they didn't cost a fortune and, when I look at my wardrobe, I don't feel a sense of deprivation because I know I can switch up a look if I am feeling a sense of ennui.  Do you have any thrifty fashion tips that you would like to share?

I am linking up with Share Your Cup and Woman In Real Life.


3 comments:

Have a Daily Cup of Mrs. Olson said...

I'm tossing my boots and pulling out the flip flops! :) Hope it warms up for you soon. Love your brooches and scarves. Thanks for sharing with SYC.
hugs,
Jann

Art and Sand said...

How fun to see "what you wore".

My uniform, about 10 months of the year is Patagonia shorts, a Tee and flip flops. Those other 2 months of the year I have to wear leggings instead of shorts. I am so boring.

Thanks for sharing with SYC.

Betty said...

I love the pins. My favorite is the peacock. I wear a lot of hair accessories, which I can make myself and incorporate all kinds of jewelry. It's pretty rainy and dreary in the Pacific Northwest, although the flower bulbs are blooming.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...