About L'Heure Bleue At Home

Shop Photo Gallery

Offers and Discount Codes

Sunday 6 January 2019

The Weekly Roundup: J.Crew Store Closing Haul

I was sauntering through my local mall checking out the January sales as one does when I noticed that the shelves in the J.Crew store looked surprisingly bare.  I went inside thinking that the sale must be very, very good and what did I see?  Signs saying "70% off Everything" and women digging frenziedly through merchandise heaped on tables. Now 70% off for J.Crew is unheard of even for a Boxing Day or Black Friday sale.  I asked a harried looking employee if the store was closing and, sadly, it was.  To be honest, instead of leaping into action when faced with such unexpected opportunities, I tend to freeze like the proverbial deer caught in the headlights.  I prefer a much more leisurely approach to shopping where I get to browse, wander around for a bit and contemplate in a Zen-like manner whether I really want or need something.  Nonetheless, store closings mean the chance to score deals for things that normally would not be within reach.  I was in desperate need of work-appropriate clothing and I knew Monsieur was in need of new pants.  Here is what I scored:


Monsieur was ecstatic when I brought home two pairs of J.Crew`s classic 770 pants at 70% off.  Yes, he did specify he wanted a cranberry pair.  At these prices, it is a good time to experiment with offbeat colours.
via jcrew.com
This blouse came home with me as well.  I love the flattering neckline and the full sleeves.  At a certain point, women need sleeves!  Also, I have been on the lookout for a blouse that is a proper white, not cream, not ivory or any version of pale beige as these non-colours tend to wash me out.  Weirdly, it is quite difficult to find.
via jcrew.com

This dress came home with me too.  It would be perfect if it had sleeves but I knew I could pair it with a cardigan and, for the price, I couldn`t say no.  I love the cowl neckline and how it just seems to arrange itself into the right architectural folds.  An LBD is so versatile as it can be styled for work or after work in a snap.

via jcrew.com

I had given up on finding a pair of jeans that looked good on me years ago but I decided to take a chance on a pair of J.Crew`s iconic toothpick jeans in Classic Rinse (a dark wash).  Oh my, I have been living in these jeans for the last couple of days.  I may never go back to leggings again.  Now I am wishing that I had bought another pair.
  

Finally, I picked up this Timex watch which is actually a gift.  I wish I had been able to pick up more gifts but there was not much left by the time I found out about the store closing.  I felt really lucky to find the items that I did in the right size.
How did you make out in the January or Boxing Day sales? Have you heard of any other J.Crew stores closing down?


No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...