About L'Heure Bleue At Home

Shop Photo Gallery

Offers and Discount Codes

Sunday 22 September 2019

The Weekly Roundup: Cole Haan Boots

I have been inspecting my Autumn/Winter Capsule Wardrobe and have known for some time that there were a number of gaps, namely a comfy but stylish pair of flat heeled ankle boots.  I love me a sexy pair of boots.  Is there any sound more tantalizing that the heel strike coming off a pair of killer boots?  The problem is that I am on my feet for hours every day and even the chunky stacked heels on my beloved J Crew ankle boots begin to feel uncomfortable at the 4 hour mark.  I was gutted when I came across Cole Haan's Harrington Slouch Boots last Winter only to find that they were completely sold out online.  When Cole Haan brought them back this Autumn, I didn't bother waiting for a sale but ripped off to the nearest Cole Haan store.



These ankle boots are Cole Haan's interpretation of the 80's slouch boot.  I loathe 80's fashion.  I am sure that to a millenial, 80's fashion is new and exciting but for me, it is a case of "been there, done that, don't need to do it again."  BUT, and this is a big but, I absolutely adore these boots.  They are that perfect blend of 80's redux with a modern twist. The ruching around the ankle means there is a lot of give so there is no painful breaking in of stiff leather. I love the fact that there are 2 zippers (!!), one on either side of the ankle.


The goldtone hardware adds subtle glamour.  The flat heel means I can wear them all day and don't have to worry about sore feet.  Amazingly, they were comfortable straight out of the box.  I was surprised that dustbags weren't included.  I was told that Cole Haan got rid of dustbags as a cost cutting measure.  Considering that Cole Haan footware isn't dirt cheap, I was a tad disappointed.  Over all though, I am in love with my new ankle boots.  The 80's never looked so good.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...