About L'Heure Bleue At Home

Shop Photo Gallery

Offers and Discount Codes

Monday 13 June 2011

Heart Of A Dragon

Do you remember the lyrics to this lullaby?

Hush, little baby, don't say a word. Papa's gonna buy you a mockingbird
And if that mockingbird won't sing, Papa's gonna buy you a diamond ring
And if that diamond ring turns brass, Papa's gonna buy you a looking glass

Whenever Father's Day rolls around, I find myself thinking of what my father has given me instead of what I should give him.  For example, one time, as I was putting together my home office, I thought that I needed something imposing and majestic that would gaze at my office protectively and give me the necessary verve to do my work.  But what?  For some reason, I thought of the masses of fairy tales and stories that my father used to read to me as a child.  So, naturally, I asked my father for a dragon.  Really, I had no idea what this dragon would look like and didn't think my father would be able to find me one that wasn't a stuffed toy when, one day, he telephoned me and said he had something for me.  It was my very own dragon.

And it was every bit as majestic, beautiful and imposing as I dreamed it would be.


Now I am thinking that, next time, I will ask for my very own knight in shining armour on a beautiful horse.



And, every time I look at it, I think of a father who was asked by his daughter to find her a dragon and without a word, found her heart's desire.







4 comments:

Karen said...

That is a beautiful Dragon and a sweet story. Thanks so much for visiting.

Unknown said...

Lucky girl! :) I love that story!! :)

~Liz

Jacqueline~Cabin and Cottage said...

Great story! And a beautiful object too!

Ava said...

What a lovely story, a beautiful dragon too. I bet your fathers very proud of you ! xx Ava

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...