About L'Heure Bleue At Home

Shop Photo Gallery

Offers and Discount Codes

Tuesday 10 January 2012

New Year Intentions

Do you make New Year Resolutions?  I haven't done so in years as I find making them, let alone following through with them for 365 days, to be rather daunting.  Recently, I heard of substituting the word "Resolution" with "Intention" which is supposed to be a bit more approachable.  So this year, for the first time in many a long year, I came up with a few intentions.  The first is to take pleasure in the little things, to be more present in the moment.  It's a knack I once had but somehow lost along the way.  What could be more pleasurable than a cheerful bunch of gerbera daisies given to me by my nearest and dearest?


Next, is working on that ever fleeting sense of gratitude.  I started a gratitude journal and, like a long disused muscle, it's getting easier and easier to write in the pages.


 
I am embarrassed to admit that I'm not very crafty.  I'm embarrassed to admit as well that I'm not a naturally tidy and organized person.  Books, especially, are tricky to display with the myriad colours of their covers.  Then I discovered the wonderful idea of creating book bundles, tying them with ribbon and adding a handmade charm. 


What a perfect way to display books.  And, I get to exercise my smallish craft skills by indulging in my fascination for pretty beads and vintage buttons.



May your New Year be filled with wondrous possibilities!



I'm linking up with:
A Stroll Thru Life, French Country Cottage, My Romantic Home,  A Beach Cottage, Type A Decorating, Serenity Now.

6 comments:

Unknown said...

I love book stacks!

Eclectically Vintage said...

I'm not the craftiest either - I do love old books and they look great!

Speaking of possibilities - would love you to join our Imagine the Impossibilities Challenge link party on Jan 31.
http://www.eclecticallyvintage.com/4/post/2012/01/imagine-the-impossibilities-challenge.html

The deadline is just the motivation I need to tackle my basement - scary!

Hope to see you there!
Kelly

Susie @ Step inside my home said...

I love how your changed "resolutions" to "intentions". Very wise thing to do. Your book bundles look amazing. I may have to borrow that idea. The charms add such a nice touch! Susie

Olive said...

The book bundle is lovely. I am not one bit crafty either.

Anonymous said...

What a lovely book display! I've done something similar with some old Bibles of mine!
Be a sweetie,
Shelia ;)

Susan Freeman said...

Love that stack of books ~ sweet! I am your newest follower. Stop by for a visit when you can. My gate is always open to you!!

Hugs,
Susan and Bentley

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...